- Information About Us
McBridge.uk (our Website) is a website operated by the McBridge Foundation.
- Accessing Our Website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website, to users who have registered with us.
- Prohibited Uses
a. You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
b. You agree that you will not:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or sell any part of our Website in contravention of these terms; and
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored; or
- any software used in the provision of our Website.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise specified, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the materials on our Website are owned or licensed to the McBridge Foundation.
You may download, print or copy any material from our Website that you wish, provided it is for your own personal use and you keep in place all original copyright notices or other intellectual property notices. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The status of the McBridge Foundation (or of any other identified contributors) as the author of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
Any permission to reproduce material from this Website under this condition does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party outside of our group. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Any material reproduced in accordance with this condition must be reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context.
- Limitation of Liability
The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising, whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Commentary and other materials posted on our Website, including all information about Max McBridge, are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed and all such material is provided for information purposes only. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Our Website Changes Regularly
We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offense under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Linking to and from Our Website
Our Website provides web-links (and other contact details) to other websites which we think may be of interest to you. Some of these websites are operated in conjunction with other companies/organisations and some are operated solely by independent companies/organisations. We have no control over such websites and resources and we accept no liability for any products, services, materials or information contained on or available through linked websites or otherwise provided by any other company/organisation referred to on our Website. These links are provided purely for your convenience but we do not endorse the material on these websites.
No linked websites are covered by these terms; therefore, you should check what terms cover the use of these websites before using them.
You may only create a link to our Website with our prior written permission. We reserve the right to remove any links to our Website that it deems are inappropriate without notice.
- Information About You and Your Visits to Our Website
- Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. When a breach of these terms and conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Changes to the general terms
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.